[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - Vocabularies in the marine world

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 23 15:42:20 EDT 2021

Hello all,

For anyone who missed the last call (and apologies again to those who
missed due to the dates mix-up!), the recording and presentation slides are
now available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UkO4uqGKEqA0OcbxzicPJ_nHKDS4anZg?usp=sharing

During discussion the group identified the utility in creating a guidance
document/decision tree for making decisions and determining best practices
for controlled vocabulary usage in oceanographic data sets.

We are planning on expanding on this for the next cluster call on
2021-05-13, and a reminder email will go out that week. We are also excited
about proposing a working session on the topic at the ESIP Summer Meeting.

If you have any comments or suggestions for the agenda, please feel free to
send them or post in the slack channel.

Thanks,
MDC Admin

--