[Esip-marinedata] Join us for OceanHackWeek 2021: A Hybrid Workshop to Explore Data Science in Oceanography

Mathew Biddle - NOAA Affiliate mathew.biddle at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 7 09:53:18 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

OceanHackWeek is a small hands-on, interactive hybrid in-person and virtual
workshop focused on data science and oceanography that will be held during
August 3-6, 2021.  Join us for four days of tutorials, data exploration,
software development and community networking! Please visit our website
https://oceanhackweek.github.io for details.

The in-person event will take place at the Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean
Sciences <https://www.bigelow.org/>, in East Boothbay, Maine (US EDT,
UTC-4), as an all-day workshop (approximately 9am - 5pm).

For the virtual event, formal daily activities will take place over a
period of up to 3 hours per day. We expect to hold these sessions in at
least two time zones, USA PDT (UTC-7) and Australian EST (UTC+10).

To apply, see https://oceanhackweek.github.io/applicant-info.html. Application
deadline: June 14, 2021. Accepted applicants will be notified no later than
June 18, 2021.

Please forward to colleagues who may be interested in this event. See
https://oceanhackweek.github.io/hackweek.html to learn more about the
"Hackweek" learning and collaboration model.

We look forward to seeing you in person or online!

The OceanHackWeek Team

oceanhkw at uw.edu

--
Mathew Biddle, Data Management Analyst
NOAA/NOS

ORCiD: 0000-0003-4897-1669 <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4897-1669>
*Contractor, Integrated Systems Solutions*
http://www.ioos.noaa.gov/