[Esip-preserve] Second draft of response to GEO communique

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Wed Sep 23 17:24:59 EDT 2009

Dear Data Stewards,

Here is a second draft of the response to the GEO communique on data
sharing principles as discussed at our last telecon.  The main changes
were to make our responses more directly reflect the questions in the
communique.  Please review, mark up, etc.  As a reminder comments are
due to GEO Oct. 15, but we need to give Carol plenty of lead time to
fold our responses in with responses from the other clusters and
working groups.  I suggest you plan to review and provide comments by
Oct. 5.

Also, I should note that, as requested at the last telecon, I inquired
into whether the ESIP Federation has any written statement on data
sharing principles .  The answer is no and, as I should have known,
that quickly led to a request for our group to consider drafting such,
ideally between now and the winter ESIP meeting where the Assembly
would vote on them.  Perhaps that will be a topic at the next telecon.

Best Wishes,

Ruth