[Esip-preserve] [FOO] Foo Project moves to Google Spreadsheets

alicebarkstrom at frontier.com alicebarkstrom at frontier.com
Mon Oct 11 16:57:10 EDT 2010

Do we have any analysis that quantifies the probability that the
identifiers will be disconnected from the file contents?
I don't think we've had any consideration of why we think the
identifiers will remain reliable - nor have I seen any analysis
of how we would be able to test for corruption - whether by
hardware failure, software obsolescence, operator error, or
by malicious attacks.  Since the usual DOI/URL/PURL/.../UUID's
do not have direct ties to the file (or larger collections),
I don't think you could rely on these to detect changes.

Bruce B.