[Esip-preserve] On Earth Science Data File Uniqueness

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:14:21 EST 2011

Curt's approach is a bit pessimistic.  One approach would be to recommend
that anyone creating a UUID should put it in a tabulation of created objects
and perhaps make that tabulation available to some socially responsible
registration authority.  This approach wouldn't require real-time
registration,
but would at least let someone know that an object with the ID had been
created.

Bruce B.