[Esip-preserve] Page Numbers for Kindle Books an Imperfect Solution - NYTimes.com

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:10:12 EST 2011

That's interesting - and something I didn't know.  Is there a readable note
on when
that system was introduced in the Indian literature?  Was it before the
English
showed up or was it introduced after the Hindu scholars had seen it in
connection
with the King James version?  Wonder also about the Buddhist, Confucian, and
Muslim scholarly referencing systems for their particular sacred texts.

Maybe this is our chance to become "scholars" - if so, we can become
"scholastic" and teach it to students in schools.  Tying this idea to the
citation of very particular items in collections might be publishable -
particularly
if done with a "light" touch.

Bruce B.