[Esip-preserve] Oh Goody - Google's got a numeric data format!

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:33:49 EST 2011

I'd hate to become a conspiracy theorist, but is it "just coincidence"
that a few days ago Chris Lynnes had noted a collection of articles
in Science that claimed that scientific research was creating wasted
data because of the large number of different formats?  Are "Large
corporate interests" quietly funding an attack on arcane knowledge?
Will Google's format become "the next big thing"?  Do we need a plenary
session on it at the next ESIP meeting?  Where can we sign up for
funding?  [[?] or [?]]

Bruce B.