[Esip-preserve] OGC Data Preservation DWG - ESIP Data Preservation Cluster

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Wed Oct 5 13:48:09 EDT 2011

Hi Steve, Carsten -

Nice meeting you both at the OGC meeting a few weeks ago in Boulder and
sitting in on your Data Preservation session. I think there is a fair amount
of serendipitous synergy between the OGC data preservation group and the
ESIP data preservation group, so I wanted to close the loop. I've copied the
data preservation list and they may chime in with more information/ideas.

To get you started here are a few links:
Main workspace:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_and_Stewardship
Data Management Short Course:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Data_Management_Short_Course

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Curt Tilmes (
curt.tilmes at nasa.gov ), chair of this group or Ruth Duerr (rduerr at nsidc.org)
, lead on Data Management Short Course. Mark Parsons (parsonsm at nsidc.org)
has also been very active on data citation which I think also came up in
your session.

Best -
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: