[Esip-preserve] Identifier for Data Sharing and Data Citation docs

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Wed Jan 11 10:53:27 EST 2012

Hi All -

For the two documents that were approved by the ESIP Assembly last week we
will put them on the ESIP iCommons and would like to assign a unique
identifier as part of the citation process.

This is the first time we've done this, so I am looking to the group to
suggest the appropriate identifier and way to get it assigned. Eventually,
we hope to use an API and assign automatically once something is published
in the ESIP iCommons. The first go-round will be by hand.

Thanks in advance for your help on this -
Best
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: