[Esip-preserve] Possible connections?

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Fri Jan 27 18:04:42 EST 2012

Greg and I continue to make progress on the assignment of  IDs of various
flavors to the two datasets / components of same for the Data Stewardship
Committee’s MD testbed.  We are now starting with OIDs and are contemplating
which would be the best way to get the OIDs assigned and registered.  One of
the methods is by getting an IANA private enterprise number for ESIP.
Before going too far with that possibility,  we thought it would be useful
to get a sense of how / why others are using OIDs, and how they manage those
they have.  From the registry of IANA numbers, we see that there are a
number of NASA and NOAA “sub” organizations that have numbers.  On the
premise that it would be better to contact one or more of these folks more
personally, we thought it might be useful to see if anyone on the
ESIP-preserve list knows the contact, or perhaps knows for what the OIDs are
/ have been used for that particular branch of the NASA or NOAA
organization.  If you do know any of the following people, know whether
they’re still around and even what their current email address is, would you
let us know and, perhaps, “introduce” us to them so that they have a more
personal incentive to answer our questions / talk with us than they might
with a cold call / email?  Thanks in advance for your help!

The names and email contact information is as follows:

1.          NASA:      Elizabeth Sudderth

      Elizabeth.C.Sudderth&nasa.gov

2.         NASA Ames Research Center:      Andrew Kjell Nielsen

      andrew.nielsen&arc.nasa.gov

3.         Jet Propulsion Laboratory:      Paul Springer

      pls&jpl.nasa.gov

4.         Illinois Business Training Center:   Weixiong  Ho

      wxho&nastg.gsfc.nasa.gov

5.         United Space Alliance:  Stephen A. Kerney or Donald Wilson

stephen.kerney&ksc.nasa.gov  or donald.wilson&ksc.nasa.gov

6.         NASA JSC:      Alice Aman

      alice.l.aman1&jsc.nasa.gov

7.         NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS):      Bennett Samowich

      bennett.samowich&nasa.gov

8.         NOAA:       Ken Sragg

      ksragg&sao.noaa.gov

9.         NOAA/PMEL/EPIC:      Donald Denbo

      dwd&pmel.noaa.gov

10.     National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Jefferson Ogata

      IANA.PEN.9918&noaa.gov

11.     NOAA, OAR, FSL, ITS, DSG:      Patrick Hildreth

      patrick.hildreth&noaa.gov

Thanks again!

Nancy

 <https://kmotifs.com/> Description: _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB