[Esip-preserve] DataCite to require "landing pages"

Mark A. Parsons parsonsm at nsidc.org
Wed Feb 29 17:34:20 EST 2012

On 29 Feb 2012, at 3:12 PM, Greg Janée wrote:

> Actually, I should rephrase the above.  I don't have a problem with DataCite; I just think they're taking themselves out of the identifier marketplace.  The persistent identifiers that point to data just won't be DOIs.

I don't think I have a problem with that :-)

But just to clarify my perception of the ESIP Guidelines: Citations should point to landing pages. That does not imply that all DOIs, let alone other identifiers. need to point to landing pages. Landing pages should ultimately be both human and machine readable.

Cheers,

-m.