[Esip-preserve] DataCite to require "landing pages"

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:01:11 EST 2012

Bravo - interesting and useful question.

In my mental model, assume three production paradigms:
1.  Exploratory (exemplified by a proposer with 2 grad students and
a 3-year grant)
2.  Operational (exemplified by a numerical weather generation
latency requirement of six hour maximum wait - but a lot of data
and no resources for reprocessing)
3.  Climate (exemplified by a data product suite with an indefinite
latency, but with low errors if you don't mind waiting six months to
a year).

Each of these paradigms has a different expectation for "manageable
size" collection of files.

Bruce B.