[Esip-preserve] Data Stewardship Committee Budget Requests

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 13 12:29:46 EDT 2012

Just a follow up note about the budget requests.  Sorry this is so
late, but we do have an opportunity to request funds from the ESIP
Federation.  There are several members of the committee working on a
proposal for an invited session (tentatively titled "Ensuring
Credibility of Remote Sensing Products" that would include various
topics - citations, policy, stewardship, provenance, access, … ) at
the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2013, and there was
some discussion on the telecon to request travel funds for Mark
Parsons, our Data Citation advocate/evangelist in chief to present the
ESIP Federation Data Citation Guidelines for Data Providers at that
meeting.

Time is short, but if there are other ideas that could benefit goals
of the ESIP Federation and the Data Stewardship Committee, or you have
thoughts about that proposal, please bring them up as soon as
possible.

Thanks,
Curt

--