[Esip-preserve] Sloan Grant summary for Data Management Training

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Wed Mar 20 11:21:41 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I promised a brief summary of the Sloan Grant that we're aiming for with respect to Data Management Training. From our telecon, we're going to focus on various aspects of assessment (scope still being defined, but actively worked on!). Pertinent info related to this challenge grant:

-Grant is overseen by ICPSR, University of Michigan
-Objectives of the ICPSR include: Fostering and promulgating best practices for researchers in data management; Developing common standards and solutions for digital repositories
-Grant Suggestions include: Training researchers in better data management practices; Research leading to a presentation on a pertinent topic at a major conference

I think our work with Data Management Training, particularly relating to assessment of what we've done already, fits quite with their objectives and stated suggestions.

Next up: Defining and refining the scope of work that we think we can undertake for $20K. I will send an update on that soon (for certain values of soon :) ).

Later today, I'll send out a request via Doodle to set up our next conference call for the first week of April.

Thanks!
Denise

Denise Hills
Acting Program Director, Energy Investigations
Geological Survey of Alabama
office (205) 247-3694
cell (205) 239-8191
dhills at gsa.state.al.us<mailto:dhills at gsa.state.al.us>