[Esip-preserve] ESIP Data Management Short Course

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 22 09:58:40 EDT 2013

BTW -- At a recent NSF workshop (Research Data Management
Implementations Workshop, http://rdmi.sites.uchicago.edu/) the issue
of data management training came up at numerous times, and I described
the ESIP activity and showed them some of our modules and shared a
link to the site -- there was a lot of interest and encouragement.

I also described NCDDC's Metadata training activities
(http://www.ncddc.noaa.gov/metadata-standards/metadata-training/)
which overlap somewhat with the ESIP activities, but where we have a
broader scope at a high level overview more limited coverage, they
provide much more in-depth training on a specific area (metadata).

We should at the least point people to the NOAA NCDDC training and add
the appropriate materials from their training site to the references
for our overview modules (maybe we already do?)

Extensive metadata training materials here:
ftp://ftp.ncddc.noaa.gov/pub/Metadata/Online_ISO_Training/Intro_to_ISO/

Curt