[Esip-preserve] Use Case Telecon 4/1 2pm EST

Ramdeen, Sarah ramdeen at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:21:14 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

This Monday April 1st  at 2pm est we will have a Telecon to discuss the development of a template for the Use Case examples.  Expect an updated email later this week with a link to the telecon (once I figure that out).  In order to prepare for the meeting please look at some of the resources below.  Feel free to begin discussing the template either here on the list serve or by making updates to the wiki.  Any suggestions for summer meeting session plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sarah

Our current standings:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_Use_Case_Activity

W3C Provenance use cases
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Use_Cases
Specifically look at their template: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Use_Case_Template

Example scenarios one of the NSF EarthCube Workshops
http://www.earthchem.org/sites/earthchem.org/files/Scenarios_All_20130306.pdf

Summary of winter meeting goals:
Lead: Sarah Ramdeen
Contributers: Curt Tilmes, Cyndy Chandler

Questions:
How does Earth Science get used?
How might it get used in the future?

Deliverables:
Refine Use Case Template
Documented Use Cases

Planned Activities:
Use Case Workshop at ESIP Summer Meeting
Use Case focused telecons

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu>
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/