[Esip-preserve] REQUEST - Data sets for workshop on dynamic data at the Winter meeting

Shannon Rauch via Esip-preserve esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Oct 16 12:43:47 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I'd like to add that BCO-DMO <http://www.bco-dmo.org/> has data that may
be of potential use for the workshop. Mark suggested "CTD casts from
multiple ocean cruises", which BCO-DMO can provide along with any
associated biological and chemical data from complete and ongoing
projects. If you need help finding anything in particular, please just
let me know.

Best,
Shannon Rauch

--
Shannon Rauch
Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office (BCO-DMO)
srauch at whoi.edu
(508) 289-2817

On 10/8/2014 11:10 AM, Julie Friddell via Esip-preserve wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The Polar Data Catalogue has lots of CTD data (at least 51 cruises)
> that can be downloaded for free (also other data available, too), if
> it would fit your needs.  Just go to https://polardata.ca, click on
> the map (for the PDC Geospatial Search), then select the Polar Data
> Catalogue collection.  You can do a keyword search for CTD or do a map
> search in a particular location.  May want to click the " View
> downloadable datasets only" check box, so that you only see results
> with data available for download.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or if we can be of help.  Thanks!
>
> Julie
>
> --
> Julie E. Friddell, Ph.D.
> Manager, Canadian Cryospheric Information Network/Polar Data Catalogue
> Department of Geography & Environmental Management
> University of Waterloo
> 200 University Avenue West
> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
> julie.friddell at uwaterloo.ca <mailto:julie.friddell at uwaterloo.ca>
> http://www.ccin.ca/
> 1-519-888-4567 x 32689
>

> On Oct 8, 2014, at 9:18 AM, Denise Hills via Esip-preserve
> <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
> <mailto:esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>
>> Kerstin -
>>
>> Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of! I also have a large
>> quantity of core analyses, geophysical well logs, thin sections, and
>> photomicrograph data related to drill core, and I think we also have
>> significant quantities of water sample data (which have a varying
>> time component, as our water group returns to the same sites to retest).
>>
>> Denise
>>
>> On Oct 8, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Kerstin Lehnert
>> <lehnert at ldeo.columbia.edu <mailto:lehnert at ldeo.columbia.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am happy to provide datasets from IEDA which range from shipboard
>>> sensor data to analytical sample-based data. For example,
>>> distributed datasets generated on the same sample or core can be a
>>> good example.
>>>
>>> Kerstin
>>>

>>> Dr. Kerstin Lehnert
>>> Director, Integrated Earth Data Applications
>>> Director, EarthChem
>>> President, IGSN e.V.
>>>
>>> Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
>>> Columbia University