[Esip-preserve] Winter sessions

Natalie Meyers natalie.meyers at nd.edu
Tue Oct 27 16:35:37 EDT 2015

Nancy et al,
I would be interested in chairing and/or co-chairing a winter meeting
session on: Preservation of software and/or software sustainability.
We could convene it as a panel w/Q/A & discussion and/or series of short
presentations w/Q/A & discussion.
Panel or presentations would showcase software preservation output of NSF
project Data and Software Preservation for Open Science (daspos.org ) and
feature software preservation examples/implementations from  DASPOS,
National Data Service(NDS) and Center for Open Science .
Panelists/presenters from each effort have agreed to contribute and
participate.

I am happy to reach out as Soren suggests to the Software Science cluster
members to see if we could co-convene such a session?

Panel or session title could be "Software Preservation and Sustainability"

Natalie

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Nancy Ritchey - NOAA Federal via
Esip-preserve <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
> The deadline for winter session proposals is looming (Oct. 30) and I was
> wondering if anyone is interested in chairing/discussing/presenting on the
> topics listed below.  If so, I'd be wiling to propose a session.  Please
> respond with the topic you're interested in and what role you'd like to
> support (presenter, chair, co-chair) .
> Thanks
> Nancy
>
>    - Hibernation, deprecation, retirement of data sets
>    - Preservation of software
>    - Physical to digital, relating data across multiple media
>    - Metadata systems and tools
>

> ---
> Nancy Ritchey
> Archive Branch Chief
> NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
> Asheville, NC 28801
> 828-271-4445
> *Connect with us on Facebook for **climate*
> <http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate>* and **ocean and geophysics*
> <http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo>* information, and follow us on
> Twitter at **@NOAANCEIclimate * <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>
> *and **@*NOAANCEIocngeo <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>.

*Natalie K. Meyers*
*E-Research & VecNet Digital Librarian*
*Interim Program Director, Science, Engineering, Social Sciences and
Business Research Services*

*Hesburgh Libraries*

*University of Notre Dame*
1136A Hesburgh Library