[Esip-preserve] Will Wikipedia Survive?

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 08:44:25 EST 2016

Noticed an article on Wikipedia's editorial and financial struggles:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/technology/wikipedia-turns-15-will-it-manage-to-make-it-to-30/ar-BBofwcO?li=BBnbfcN

The struggle may simply be normal turmoil - or maybe it's a sign
that every large-scale endeavor needs resources and management.
We already have trouble with the finite lifetime of Web references.
If Wikipedia goes under or (heaven help us) gets bought up by some
venture capitalist, we might want to use that prospect for developing
some planning mechanism to avoid losing the information resource.