[Esip-preserve] Fwd: Software linking?

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Mar 29 15:08:06 EDT 2016

Thanks for sharing this.

FWIW - ESIP co-organized a workshop about a year ago with RENCI and NCEAS
on Software Citation sponsored by NSF (Dan Katz) and Sloan. Force11 was at
this workshop. One outcome of the workshop was the idea of software
citation principles. Force11 took it on b/c of their success with data
citation principles and broad domain coverage. WSSSPE 3.0 in Boulder in
Sept. 2015 brought key stakeholders together again and ESIP was part of
planning of this workshop too.

ESIP's Science Software cluster has been more focused and aware of software
citation than this data stewardship. Adding that list in case they want to
chime in. Like Soren said, Matt Jones, Nic Weber were primary ESIP overlap
on Force11 doc.  Bob Downs has also been involved in both science software
and stewardship.

Would be good to share this more widely for feedback/adoption.