[Esip-preserve] Fwd: Software linking?

soren scott sorenscott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:32:07 EDT 2016

Ah, Matt Jones from NCEAS was more active in the fall and I've been on the
calls (not too many, granted) from late last summer on (and Nic Weber until
his postdoc took over). Didn't take much poking to get the provenance
statement added :).

As it stands, the group shuts down after the April meeting. Next iteration
is about implementation.

Cheers,
Soren

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Parsons, Mark via Esip-preserve <
esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> I was unaware of this Force11 effort on software citation until recently.
> I’m surprised no-one from ESIP (that I recognized) was involved.  I have
> only skimmed it, but it looks like it is modeled after the Joint Data
> Citation Principles (which I’m not sure is wise). Perhaps we should discuss
> this at a future meeting. Perhaps the stewardship cluster would like to
> comment on the document.
>
> cheers,
>
> -m.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *"Daniel S. Katz" <d.katz at ieee.org>
> *Subject: **Re: Software linking?*
> *Date: *29March2016 at 7:18:53 AM MDT
> *To: *Tobias Weigel <weigel at dkrz.de>, Adrian Burton <
> adrian.burton at ands.org.au>
> *Cc: *"Parsons, Mark" <parsom3 at rpi.edu>, "Dewaard, Anita (ELS-HBE)" <
> A.dewaard at elsevier.com>, "Hylke (ELS-AMS) Koers" <H.Koers at elsevier.com>,
> "Berman, Fran" <BERMAF at rpi.edu>, Eefke Smit <eefke.smit at xs4all.nl>,
> Michael Diepenbroek <mdiepenbroek at pangaea.de>, Arfon Smith <
> arfon at github.com>, Kyle Niemeyer <Kyle.Niemeyer at oregonstate.edu>

Soren Scott
Research Coder
The Ronin Institute for Independent Scholarship
soren.scott at ronininstitute.org

just a head's up - taking a bit of a sabbatical so if i don't
get back to you right away, no worries.