[Esip-preserve] Fwd: Are you experienced in DMP reviewing? Please share your experiences with us!

Arctur, David K david.arctur at utexas.edu
Fri Feb 17 10:02:45 EST 2017

fyi from Europe/UK--

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ingeborg Verheul <ingeborg.verheul at surfsara.nl<mailto:ingeborg.verheul at surfsara.nl>>
Subject: Are you experienced in DMP reviewing? Please share your experiences with us!
Date: February 17, 2017 at 8:11:03 AM CST
To: <dcc-associates at lists.ed.ac.uk<mailto:dcc-associates at lists.ed.ac.uk>>

DMP reviewing expertise wanted!

The following questionnaire was issued in the context of the Dutch working group “Research Support and Advice” of the National Coordination Point Research Data Management (LCRDM). We aim to provide future DMP writers with dos and don’ts, and get a rough idea of the effort of reviewing. We seek answers both from “official” reviewers (for instance, Horizon2020 staff reviewing DMPs that were submitted to Horizon2020 or any national Funding bodies in your country) and from “previewers” such as Research Support staff who help project leaders to write a DMP

Please fill in our Questionnaire:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdiL6Hz1Gqmkd3S1qzu_r_vwVhdq2BD8k-dz9GasY4NJyLUDA/viewform?c=0&w=1

For the sake of this questionnaire we distinguish various roles:
1. Research funders and research organisations that oblige researchers to submit a DMP for a given project. We call them “DMP template initiators”, because often these bodies will demand or encourage that a DMP follows a specific template.
2. With the term “official reviewers” we refer to those people who have the official task to review the DMPs submitted to the research funders and research organisations under 1.
3. Research support staff in many organisations provide support to researchers when the latter have to write a DMP. Increasingly, support staff informally reviews a draft DMP. In this questionnaire we call the people who do this “previewers”.
4. Researchers, principal investigators, project coordinators and others who write and submit a DMP are called “DMP submitters” in this questionnaire.

We seek answers from two groups of people: from the official reviewers (no. 2) and from the previewers (no. 3). If you belong to both groups, please check the appropriate box and use the open text fields for extra information when your experience in these roles varies. Some of the questions are about the other groups of people.

Your input is much appreciated!

With kind regards,
Ingeborg Verheul
National Coördination Point Research Data Management - Netherlands
www.lcrdm.nl<http://www.lcrdm.nl/> / @lcrdm.nl<http://lcrdm.nl/>