[Esip-preserve] Categorizing data risk factors

Natalie Meyers natalie.meyers at nd.edu
Thu Oct 19 15:37:23 EDT 2017

Matt  - Count me in - we could [also] *maybe* (if we get the evaluation
matrix drafted in time?)  offer "data at risk" evaluations/consultations at
the AGU Mtg data help desk in the publisher's pavilion and/or offer a
demo/training in using the rubric?

The form for signing up to "give" help desk consult hours, training, demos
is :

https://t.co/usRRkl31XU

Natalie

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Matthew Mayernik via Esip-preserve <
esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We have had some discussion in recent Data Stewardship committee calls and
> the summer meeting about a potential activity to categorize risk factors
> for data collections. I am interested in getting that activity off the
> ground. I created the below wiki page with an initial list of resources
> that we might use as starting points for developing a risk categorization
> matrix (or some other outcome).
>
> As noted on the page, the goal in my view would be to support data risk
> evaluation for individuals and organizations who manage data collections,
> and anybody else who is interested in supporting data preservation and
> stewardship, e.g. recent grass roots data rescue projects.
>
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Data_Risk_Factors
>
> Please let me know if you are interested in contributing in some fashion.
> If there is enough interest, we can set up a side call in a week or two to
> get the activity started, scope tasks and outcomes, etc.
>
> Best,
> Matt

*Natalie K. Meyers*
*E-Research Librarian*