[Esip-preserve] GSA Session T171: Recovery to Discovery: Data Rescue Workflows in the Geosciences

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Tue Jun 11 12:03:26 EDT 2019

Dear fellow ESIP Data Stewardship committee members,

I would like you to encourage you to submit an abstract to the session, T171: Recovery to Discovery: Data Rescue Workflows in the Geosciences, to be held at the Geological Society of America’s Annual Meeting<https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2019/home>, 22-25 September, 2019, in Phoenix, AZ.

Data rescue efforts, although common, do not always get the recognition they deserve. People do not know how others have addressed similar data challenges, because the stories of data rescue are not always shared. This poster session is meant to highlight those data rescue stories that enable research. We aim to highlight effective workflows of data rescue and preservation, to engage a broader community in these efforts.

Further session information can be found on the GSA website<https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2019/learn/technical/topical> (scroll down to T171); information about abstract guidelines can be found here<https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2019AM/categorypreparation.cgi>.

I know GSA is not always our typical “home” but I think it’s a great place to engage with people outside our normal sphere of influence. But I know that the people involved here have great stories to share, and I encourage you to do so!

Please feel free to share with colleagues who may have interesting stories to tell.

We look forward to your submission! Feel free to contact any of us with questions.

Best,

Denise Hills

Steve Diggs

Simon Goring