[Esip-preserve] Budget requests for next year due the end of this month!

Ruth Duerr ruth.duerr3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:39:50 EDT 2019

HI all,

It’s actually a bit past time to put a budget together for Stewardship committee related activities for next year.  The requests are due by the end of this month and unfortunately our next Telecon is not until September, so we need to do this by email!

Please send around your suggestions for discussion within the committee.

Also, as you know, we’ve discussed how any cluster under the Stewardship committee can submit a request to me to get it into the Stewardship budget, so please think about whether your cluster needs anything.

Note that  <https://github.com/ESIPFed/Governance/blob/master/ESIP%20Policies%20and%20Procedures/3.0%20Business%20and%20Finance/ESIP%20P&P%203.3F%20Federation%20Committee%20Budget%20Request%20Policy.md>"Committee and Working Group Budget Policy," is here <https://github.com/ESIPFed/Governance/blob/master/ESIP%20Policies%20and%20Procedures/3.0%20Business%20and%20Finance/ESIP%20P%26P%203.3F%20Federation%20Committee%20Budget%20Request%20Policy.md>. The main change is under "General Provisions":

Here are some things to consider when thinking about requests:

> All budget requests should be clearly linked to goals outlined in the the ESIP strategic plan (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2015-2020_Strategic_Plan <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2015-2020_Strategic_Plan>).
>
> Some things to consider:
> If you have any questions about the budget request process, please feel free to ask Rebecca (treasurer at esipfed.org <mailto:treasurer at esipfed.org>) or Erin (Slack: @erinrobinson, Erinrobinson at esipfed.org <mailto:Erinrobinson at esipfed.org>).
> Budget requests can be for project deliverables, based on an approved fee for services and not on an hourly rate.
> Budget discussions within committees and working groups should be clearly announced prior to the relevant meetings, through committee/working group listservs and to esip-all.
> Process for selections of any sub-awards should be described (e.g., competed within the group).

I’ve included links to last years budget <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hI-BZfzBidzbJNiU37D1eBYLkyCoMDJTt53E08AwmXc> and budget description <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FHoKB3ojxvFOHW8gvN39SF7EY_IB3PC4izaXsBQr6Yc> which also can be found in the ESIP shared drive.  I note that the main items from last year were travel related:

1 trip for our student fellow to AGU
1 trip to AGU by committee member to present updates to citation guidelines
1 trip to RDA plenary by committee member to present work on data risk factors

There was also funding for 1 publication (which I believe was not used).

Please send your suggestions by the end of this week, so I have time to put a budget together, pass it around for review and send it in!

Thanks,

Ruth