[Esip-preserve] EDGI Spark Session: The Decentralized Web, Thursday 10-OCT @12-1pm ET

Kevin Nguyen lightandluck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 14:47:19 EDT 2019

Hello all,

This is Kevin from EDGI <https://envirodatagov.org/>. I met some folks at
the monthly meeting 2 months ago, and sat in on last week's meeting during
Kelsey's presentation
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tgUidbS-0mCVkQXKD6K0P6g-yxS8aN_9N89AzMcKl6o/edit#slide=id.g3b291074dc_0_17>
about EDGI.

One of the things she touched on last week was the burgeoning work around
the Decentralized Web (DWeb). Some people expressed interest in learning
more, so I wanted to invite everyone to our Spark Session this week on that
topic.

*Thursday, October 10, 12-1 pm ET*
*The Decentralized Web: What it is, What's useful, Where it's at.*
Presentations by

   - Kelsey Breseman, Archiving Projects Lead
   - Rob Brackett, Web Monitoring Lead Developer

Followed by open discussion. The decentralized web and the tech that
surrounds it is something we’re exploring rather than something we’re
experts in. Spark Sessions are meant as an introduction to some of the
basic concepts of the DWeb and we hope provide a jumping-off point for
further discussion and exploration.

*Join through Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/720495021
<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fj%2F720495021>*
Please download and install zoom if you haven't used it before:
https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

*You are also welcome to call in by phone and input the meeting id:*
Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 720 495 021

Please join us, if you can make it! Let me know if you have any questions
or problems getting in.

With gratitude,
Kevin Nguyen
Environmental Data & Governance Initiative (EDGI)
<https://envirodatagov.org/>
Community Coordinator