[Esip-preserve] Assigning DOIs to data set versions?

Danie Kinkade dkinkade at whoi.edu
Tue May 26 15:34:11 EDT 2020

Hi Matt - BCO-DMO follows a very similar strategy as EarthChem, and use
version number in our DOI suffix (e.g., XXXXX.1; tracking major
reversions here).

But, we consider it published as soon as data files are linked to
metadata and the DOI has been requested (aka "validated" in our local
parlance); any changes after that point (to data content vs metadata)
warrant a new DOI version.
Best of luck as you navigate your strategy!
-Danie