[Esip-preserve] [EXTERNAL] Re: Assigning DOIs to data set versions?

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Wed May 27 11:28:46 EDT 2020

Thanks all, these are very helpful responses. Attempting to summarize, it
seems that the main considerations are:
- does the "scientific" content change?
- how frequently (or in what way) do changes occur? An additional wrinkle
here is that you may not know or be able to predict change patterns.
- are versions conceptualized (within the system, e.g. data modeled) as new
things or are they conceptualized as multiple instances of the same thing?

It's clear that there is no one size fits all approach, but it is useful to
see how you all are doing this,
Best,
Matt