[Esip-preserve] New Chair of the ESIP Data Stewardship Committee

Megan Orlando meganorlando at esipfed.org
Mon Dec 11 10:37:56 EST 2023

Hello Data Stewardship Committee Members,

*Today's ESIP Data Stewardship Committee meeting has been canceled* because
of the AGU Fall Meeting. Whether you are at AGU or not, we hope you have a
productive and positive week!

I am also delighted to announce that *Elisha Wood-Charlson of Lawrence
Berkeley National Laboratory has officially been appointed by the ESIP
Program Committee* as the new Chair of the Data Stewardship Committee,
effective immediately.

*Elisha shared an exciting new idea
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/14rvBVGyr-KhnsiJFzhECU1Tgem-8Z3sqQCawQifxbM4/edit?usp=sharing>
for a project the Committee can take on in the coming year related to
exploring what is necessary to link data streams in meaningful ways that
support accurate navigation across the data landscape, by humans and
machines (AI/ML).* We hope many of you will want to join and contribute,
starting in January when the group reconvenes. This is tentatively
scheduled for Monday January 8 at 3 pm ET.

Thanks and have a wonderful week,
Megan

--
Megan Orlando