[Esip-schema-dot-org] CF Standard Names and Zenodo

Lindstrom, Kevin kevin.lindstrom at ubc.ca
Mon Oct 26 14:25:33 EDT 2020

Greetings from Vancouver

It was great meeting with all of you last week.

My major challenge right now is metadata.

For an upcoming workshop I'm giving for a group of atmospheric chemistry students, I've looked at

https://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-standard-names/current/build/cf-standard-name-table.html

How can my users use this information when the submit their datasets to Zenodo for example?

Or are these standard names only applicable to highly structured data repositories such as the BCO-DMO?

https://www.atmospheric-chemistry-and-physics.net/policies/data_policy.html is not that helpful.

Take care

Kevin

Kevin Lindstrom  MLIS
Librarian for Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences; Chemistry; Physics and Astronomy; Chemical and Biological Engineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mining Engineering
Woodward Library
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus | Musqueam Traditional Territory
2198 Health Sciences Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z3 Canada
kevin.lindstrom at ubc.ca<mailto:kevin.lindstrom at ubc.ca>
https://woodward.library.ubc.ca<https://woodward.library.ubc.ca/>