[Esip-semantictech] 2021 ESIP Community Fellows Program

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (172B) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 10 12:36:30 EDT 2020

Hi All,

With the changing in the seasons, we prepare to say goodbye to Blake Regalia, our Community Fellow for 2020. In addition, we look forward to the opportunity to onboard a new Fellow for 2021.

Firstly Blake, on behalf of the ESIP SemTech Community I would like to say thank you for your efforts over the last year. From initially presenting you Ph.D. work to the Committee to your subsequent participation in our telecon’s and in-person attendance at ESIP meetings. ESIP is a great place to meet your peers and hopefully build fruitful correspondences and professional working relationships. I hope that you managed to achieve some of that in the last year. I think it will be of immense utility as you progress through the earlier part of your career in informatics. Alas, it is almost time for us to say goodbye. Thanks again Blake, it has been a pleasure working with you and I’m sure other will join me in wishing you the very best for the future. It would be great If you were able to remain part of the community but of course that is up to you ☺

On another note, the 2020 call for Community Fellow is open https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/student-opportunities with the deadline being October 9th, 2020 at midnight U.S. Eastern Time.
If you know any suitable candidates who have an interest in semantic technologies please recommend them to Megan Carter (megancarter at esipfed.org<mailto:megancarter at esipfed.org>) CC’ing Pier and I and we can take it from there.

Best
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc. (Hons)
Enterprise Search Technologist, Web and Mobile Application Development Group (172B)
Application, Consulting, Development and Engineering Section (1722)
Information and Technology Solutions Directorate
O (818) 393-7402  |  M (626) 487-3476
https://jpl.webex.com/meet/lmcgibbn

JPL  |  jpl.nasa.gov