[esip-semanticweb] [ESIP-AQ] Multi-Sensor Data Synergy Advisor ontology for aerosol measurements

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Sat Sep 19 10:57:05 EDT 2009

Chris, thanks for the pointer.

It is interesting that there are ontology efforts to help data
integration/fusion etc. but cant find ontology for ordinary ES (specifically
Air Quality) observations/data? How can you describe data integration/fusion
without the ability to describe the components? I wish we could have a
vanilla "Air Quality Sensor Data Advisor".

Is anyone interested perusing an AQ data ontology?
Rudy

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Christopher Lynnes
<Chris.Lynnes at nasa.gov>wrote:

> Just wanted to mention that the GES DISC and RPI have been doing some
> semantic web work for NASA/ESTO that may have some (long-term) applicability
> to the ESIP Air Quality and Semantic Web clusters.  It's still very early
> days, but we have been doing some use case and ontology work, so I put a
> posting on the ESIP Wiki:
>
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Multi-Sensor_Data_Synergy_Advisor
>
> Comments from the community are encouraged, particularly from people
> maintaining overlapping ontologies, or interested in reusing these for their
> own purposes.
> --
> Christopher Lynnes             NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2         301-614-5185

Rudolf B. Husar, Professor and Director
Center for Air Pollution Impact and Trend Analysis (CAPITA),
Washington University,
1 Brookings Drive, Box 1124
St. Louis, MO 63130
314 935 6099