[esip-semanticweb] Vocabularies for Linked Open Data project

Narock, Thomas W. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] thomas.w.narock at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 27 17:01:42 EST 2012

All,

A few people have asked about the vocabularies Eric and I are using in the Linked Open Data project. In particular, there was interest in how we would model ESIP clusters. We've discussed this with Erin and created the attached CMAP. Comments welcome.

Also, there was a suggestion at the Winter Meeting to include annotations. One possible use case that came up was to cite the data used in an AGU abstract (or equivalently some other entity). Since ESIP just voted on Mark Parson's data citation guidelines, I thought these guidelines could be used to address this use case. Also attached is a second CMAP showing one possible way of merging Mark's concepts with the Annotation Ontology we are using ( http://code.google.com/p/annotation-ontology/ ). At the moment, the citation concepts are just strings, maybe they should be expanded into classes/subclasses. Not sure when we will be able to implement this use case, but discussion/comments on the modeling and use case are welcome. Ultimately, the goal would be to have a faceted browser that would allow retrieval of abstracts, people, and other entities associated with data sets.

Jpegs are also attached for those that might not have CMAP.

Tom