[esip-semanticweb] ESIP Semantic Technologies Call

Tom Narock tnarock at marymount.edu
Mon Mar 21 10:23:17 EDT 2016

Reminder that tomorrow, Tuesday 3/22, is our next ESIP Semantic Technologies call. It will be held at 4pm Eastern time.

ESIP is moving away from WebEx and will be using GoToMeeting. Please use these new call in details.

Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333 <https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333>

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 976-796-333

Current agenda items are

1.) Discussion of summer meeting session ideas, which are due April 1

2.) ESIP Finance Committee has approved AWS resources to test the long-term viability of a Semantic Web server hosting an ontology portal and other resources. Emily Law and Phil Yang will present on what this might look like

3.) There is an ontology portal evaluation study in the works. we’d like to test different versions of bioportal to see which features (ontology mapping, alignment, commenting, etc.) are essential to Earth sciences. what exactly this study would like and what exactly we’d measure is still an open question. the group should discuss this

4.) We will revisit the structure of the Semantic Technologies Committee in regards to liaisons. Review the list of current volunteers and decide on what the feedback/reporting structure will be