[esip-semanticweb] ontology review session at ESIP SM

brandon whitehead brandonnodnarb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:23:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

A few weeks back I did a talk for the Ontolog Forum/Summit crowd [1].  The
first part of the talk was effectively a summarised review of the
geoscience semantic models that have been published, and/or are
"available".  I'm quite happy to expand what I've done for the SM and lead
(or contribute to) the review-type session that was discussed today.  (Has
anyone already started on this?  I don't want to poach!)

Also, with respect to the tutorial Pascal Hitzler was describing, I think
it would be really interesting if there were Earth science examples
illustrating what different levels of semantics allow (or afford).  For
example, what can be stated/inferred with a thesaurus (SKOS) vs RDFa vs RDF
vs OWL 2 RL.

What do you folks think?

Cheers,
/Brandon