[esip-semantictech] Semantic Technologies Group Community Ontology Repository (COR) Use Cases & Requirements

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 24 00:25:03 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,
Off the back of a productive week @ESIP Summer meeting, and particularly from our meeting on Friday, I took the initiative to bootstrap a driven effort to address the Community Ontology Repository (COR) conundrum!
Based heavily off of the Specification documents we produce over @W3C, I began working on an Editor’s DRAFT document titled 'Semantic Technologies Group Community Ontology Repository (COR) Use Cases & Requirements’ (UCR).
The document itself can be located at [0]. This (and all documentation mentioned herein) resides at a new repository I created for our Committee at [2]. If you require access and wish to help us populate UCR's then please let us know here and we can organize the contributions.
We have a landing page which describes all current working activity, this can be found at [3].
Right now the document is of course in DRAFT form and is in need of some peer review and corrections, however it is a start and I hope it can be useful for our community to clarify and move on with the COR effort.
@Tom & Beth, it would be great if we could talk this through at the next committee telecon. I have no issues talking this through and talking about people can contribute UCR’s which will be available at [2].
Was great to see many new faces this last week @ESIP. A really good crowd of people within this committee and I am glad to be part of this work as we move forward.
Thanks for now
Lewis

[0] https://esipfed.github.io/stc/UseCases/STCUseCasesAndRequirements.html
[1] https://github.com/esipfed/stc
[2] https://esipfed.github.io/stc/UseCases/STCUseCasesAndRequirements.html#UseCases
[3] https://esipfed.github.io/stc

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov

           [cid:B64E75D4-880E-4E68-AD66-B77E74DCB19A]

 Dare Mighty Things