[esip-semantictech] ESIP Semantic Technologies Call Tuesday 9/27

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Wed Sep 28 12:29:51 EDT 2016

Hi Tom & fellow ESIPers,

Thanks for taking notes! I saw that Soren brought up the work on vocabulary Governance at RDA through the Vocabulary Service IG there. We working towards drafting a white paper to ‘begin’ describing the vocabulary services required for enacting healthy governance.

We will be releasing a survey tomorrow to the VSIG Mailing list for identifying potential participants for the white paper, and we could pass that survey around the ESIP SemWeb group here, if there’s interest?

The survey outlines the framework we used as a starting point for evaluating required services and has links to the Vocab Governance session slides, notes, etc. for those who are interested.

Glad we can connect our groups!

cheers, Adam

Adam Shepherd                                     voice: 508.289.2772
MS #36, Shiverick, WHOI                           fax: 508.289.2009
Woods Hole, MA  02543                         skype: ashep15
ashepherd at whoi.edu                            drupal: ashepherd

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4486-9448

Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office
Information Services
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
http://www.whoi.edu/profile/ashepherd
http://www.bco-dmo.org