[esip-semantictech] Looking for Earth science knowledge graphs

Pier Luigi Buttigieg pbuttigi at mpi-bremen.de
Tue Jun 12 12:50:15 EDT 2018

Hi all,

adding ENVO to the mix (www.environmentontology.org) available here.
https://github.com/EnvironmentOntology/envo

In the sense that it encodes knowledge in a machine readable form that's a graph (in the mathematical sense), ENVO and some other ontologies fit the bill.

I feel that any resource should be high up the semantic ladder (e.g. axiomatised beyond a structured vocab and aligned to some upper level basis) to be a fully fledged knowledge graph.

Best,
Pier

w: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4366-3088​