[esip-semantictech] Linked Data Notifications (LDN) and Software Implementations

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.McGibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Feb 2 00:02:24 EST 2019

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the heads up here. This looks great.

By the way, I’ve finished coding the Linked Data Notifications service which uses COR as the backend. The code can be seen at [0].
I provided a worked example at [1] demonstrating the REST API.

This essentially creates and uses the Inbox Graph [2] and creates new Linked Data Notifications as named graphs e.g. [3]. Incoming LDN’s are linked to from the Inbox Graph.
The Inbox Graph is not linked from individual LDN however so this may be something we want to address by simply adding a new edge back to the Inbox Graph.
Anyways, I will be working to have the service [4] up and running soon with the inbox being available at [5].

I really hope this service allow your Labs project to evolve and I am sure we can use the LDN service for loads of other things. I could see it even being used by the PO.DAAC to publish new Datasets in JSON-LD using geosci.schema.org.

I’ll update this thread and make an official announcement when the service goes live. We can also discuss the provision of clients which will make service interaction easier from your climate resilience applications.

Thanks, have a great weekend.
Lewis

[0] https://github.com/ESIPFed/pyldn
[1] https://github.com/ESIPFed/pyldn/wiki/LDN-Service-REST-Worked-Example
[2] http://cor.esipfed.org/ont/ldn/inbox
[3] http://cor.esipfed.org/ldn/inbox/f4a24af13e754884938c8f1ddae0468a
[4] http://cor.esipfed.org/ldn
[5] http://cor.esipfed.org/ldn/inbox/

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099