[esip-semantictech] Debreif/Outcomes from RDA Meeting

Ruth Duerr ruth.duerr3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 16:31:39 EDT 2019

Hi Lewis,

I have to agree with John’s summary.  There was a huge amount of interest in semantics and semantic technologies at this plenary.  It is even turning up in RDA products (e.g., the agrisemantics work).

In the unconference, there was considerable discussion with the issues of finding and accessing ontologies, trying to figure out which ones to use, etc. It all sounded very similar to the conversations ESIP and EarthCube have been having over the past few years.

Ruth