[esip-semantictech] ESIP SemTech Committee Sessions

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 9 21:49:26 EDT 2019

Hi Folks,

I’m looking forward to seeing lots of you next week. This message is NOT intended to get anyone excited about the plethora of schema.org topics which are being presented by community members next week. It is instead your go-to reference for SemTech Committee sessions of interest for Thursday afternoon and Friday.

Thursday, July 18 • 1:30pm - 3:00pm
  ESIP Geoscience Community Ontology Engineering Workshop (GCOEW) <https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtTi/esip-geoscience-community-ontology-engineering-workshop-gcoew>
The intention is for us to literally mechanical turk/crowdsource definitions for concepts contained within SWEET. We will be looking to follow the CONTRIBUTING guidelines (https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md) and to harvest as many pull requests as possible.

Friday, July 19 • 10:00am - 11:30am
  Community Ontology Repository (COR) Administration, Development and Planning <https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtTx/community-ontology-repository-cor-administration-development-and-planning>
The intention is for us to review the COR instance. Demonstrate how the instance is maintained. Review documentation. Crowdsource further ideas for improvement and for us to strategize a formal 6-month agenda for COR. We will also cover COR clients and provide examples of how you can get started building applications on top of COR.

Friday, July 19 • 11:45am - 1:15pm
  Semantic Technologies Committee Business Meeting <https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtUF/semantic-technologies-committee-business-meeting>
This will be an all hands on deck session with the agenda being SemTech areas of growth and application both within and out with ESIP. Please come with any suggestions and be ready to contribute towards planning our Committee business for the next 6-12 months.

If you are attending ESIP in person and are interested in contributing to any of these hands-on sessions, then please register in sched and be ready to get some work done!

Thanks again folks for everyone interest and participation this year so far. We’ve made a lot of progress and opened up some really interesting channels for community growth. I personally look forward to repeating that performance over the next 6-12 months.

Best
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)
Data Scientist III
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099