[esip-semantictech] AGO Approach from GRanD WAS Re: [EXTERNAL] esip-semanticweb Digest, Vol 123, Issue 7

Charles Vardeman charles.vardeman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:49:04 EDT 2019

So, I think there may be some utility in using the AGO approach for "
geoschemas.org" as a potential mechanism for resolving multiple geometry
format specifications and schema.org. My plan was to discuss the approach
at next weeks "Spatial and Temporal aspects of schema.org." As a strawman,
I think I'm proposing extending https://schema.org/geo in geoschemas.org to
have a dereferenceable resource URI. The only thing I'm not sure of is how
to bread-crumb the content types that are available. Since schema.org only
supports what I would call 'shallow logics', we would need to do AGO at an
'RDFS' with a second module that has any 'complex logics' (much like SOSA
and SSN).

--Chuck

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 9:17 PM Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) via
esip-semanticweb <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi Blake,
> I know you are taking off on vacation right now but I'll post here so we
> can continue the thread under a new title.
> Can you alaborate on how you mapped from the existing RDF to your AGO
> structure? The reason I ask is that I produced the GRanD RDF datasets (and
> some others) from Shapefiles using Geotriples as explained in
> https://github.com/esipfed/geotriples_data. I think we are coming to
> consensus that AGO is the correct struture for us to map geometries in RDF
> so I would like to work on modifying Geotriples to accommodate this method
> od publication.
> Thanks in advance for any further commentary you can provide.
> Lewis
>
>     Message: 1
>     Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 18:53:41 -0700
>     From: Blake Regalia <blake.regalia at gmail.com>
>     To: "Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M)" <lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov>
>     Cc: "esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org"
>         <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>,  "Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M)
> via
>         Esip-cor" <esip-cor at lists.esipfed.org>
>     Subject: Re: [esip-semantictech] [Esip-cor] [EXTERNAL] Re: [AGENDA]
>         ESIP SemTech Telecon - 2019-05-28
>
>     Dear all,
>
>       As promised, here is a basic demonstration of the AGO approach on the
>     GRanD dataset. It shows the basic geometric and geographic properties
>     ('ageom' and 'ageog' prefixed namespaces, respectively) materialized
> on the
>     geometry objects. This interface also demonstrates the
> content-negotiation
>     on the (modified) IRI itself to download the geometry, as GeoJSON in
> this
>     case, in order to render it in the map view.
>

> https://phuzzy.link/browse/s/awesemantic-geo.link/demo/grand#grand-geom:148
>
>      - Blake

Charles F. Vardeman II, Ph.D.
Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
Research Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
University of Notre Dame
PO BOX 539
111C ITC Building
Notre Dame, IN 46556