[Esip-soil-informatics] Meeting recap

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Wed Jan 13 16:49:32 EST 2021

Recap from today’s meeting.

We talked about what would help move us forward with developing/extending/vetting soil ontologies. To that end we started a google sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11oY2TIQIVnaNYfG-nXiOfWyQ17uVlReNX4qrdOYddeg/edit?usp=sharing
to collect various soil properties (terms) that we think might be useful for identified use cases with specific competency questions we would like the semantics/ontology to be able to address.

I gave things a first stab at what I’m interested in to flesh out soil organic stock databases but I would be really interested in what the rest of the group thought!

Our next meeting will be 10 February at 1700 UTC. The agenda for this meeting will depend on where the excel sheet ends up this next month. Feel free to use this mailing list or the Slack channel to talk about additions or use cases that you think would be interesting.

For reference here is this year’s new meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_SIm_3e9xpni_64zdAU1DZrFEd8YcIerbsihDJq4qwY/edit?usp=sharing

I think we are circling around some really exciting work and can’t wait to see where we end up!
-Kathe
---------
Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD

Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida

Office: Rm B006, Phelps Lab, UF main campus
Twitter: @KatheMathBio

Mail: Dr Kathe Todd-Brown
Center for Wetlands
PO Box 116350