[Esip-soil-informatics] Meeting times

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 2 17:16:52 EDT 2021

Hello wordy soils folks.

We had a great presentation from Melissa Cragin on the history and status of US federal archives and the various purposes of those archives. My big take away was that just like ontology and semantic tools have different purposes, different archives also have different purposes they are engineered for. Thanks for the talk Melissa! You can see the notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_SIm_3e9xpni_64zdAU1DZrFEd8YcIerbsihDJq4qwY/edit?usp=sharing

Things seem to be a bit more quite this year then last. Your fearless leadership team has decided to drop the number of meetings down to once every 4 weeks. We will keep alternating times. Here is the current fall/winter schedule.

22 September 2021 – 1700UTC
20 October 2021 – 2300UTC – Intro to early career CZ network of networks
17 November 2021 – 1700 UTC
15 December 2021 2300 – Update on hackathon activity

We are also hosting a hackathon activity to label soil pH data with different ontologies in October, I’ll be reaching out to some folks in the cluster on this and will send out an update on this shortly! Feel free to send me an email if this sounds particularly interesting or you have thoughts on this!

-Kathe

---------
Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD
she/they

Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida

Office: Rm B006, Phelps Lab, UF main campus
Twitter: @KatheMathBio

Mail: Dr Kathe Todd-Brown
Center for Wetlands
PO Box 116350