[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP Sustainable Data Management Cluster - Update

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 14 15:11:51 EST 2021

Hi all - A couple of updates, after our last session.

First, meeting day:
We often have a conflict with the Council of Data Facilities (CDF) who have
been meeting the hour ahead of us (on second Fridays) and often
need additional time. To accommodate people who need to attend both
meetings, the simplest thing to do is to move our meeting one week later in
the month. So *starting in February 2021, we will meet on the 3rd Friday 4
PM Eastern Time. * Please adjust your calendars! I'll continue to send out
reminders earlier in the week, and the notices on our main page and on the
ESIP calendar are updated (
https://wiki.esipfed.org/Sustainable_Data_Management/)

Second, CARE principles:
it would be very useful to have a few of us become very proficient in the
CARE framework, the same way we have a few people who are expert at TRUST
and FAIR. A summary would help the larger cluster move faster on
alignment.  And because we are all new to CARE, these discussions can be
long.

So we are planning a separate 2-hr session to finish up CARE (with
Stephanie), and start a summary to bring back to our larger cluster.  Below
is a doodle poll for two dates in February where we should be able to
complete this. Hopefully, those of you who are interested in becoming
"CARE-experts" can make it. We are not expecting the whole group.

https://doodle.com/poll/ahqxwfvzpnvpic8q?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

best,
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien