[Esip-sustainabledm] FAIR-TRUST-CARE spreadsheet, ESIP meeting in 2 weeks.

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 7 16:52:35 EDT 2021

Folks -
We have one more Friday meeting before the ESIP session. Some of us talked
about getting together before that, which would really help move things
along. I'll propose some dates below.

Good news: two people (Philip and Corinna) have given us a boost. Philip
made a pass thru the spreadsheet and added provenance and simplified some
of the wording. It looks much better.
Corinna has put together a summary of the FAIR checks done by EDI and
Dataone, and how these align with RDA and FAIRsFAIR, which should help us
summarize the data-oriented features we have.

I am planning to work on our spreadsheet on the *next 2 THURSDAYS (tomorrow
7/8, next week 7/15),* mainly afternoons PDT. If there is a block of time
then you can join a call, reply here and I'll set one up. Of course, you
can work on this at other times as well! The goal is to have the
spreadsheet fairly clean by Friday, 7/16 (our regular call).

Our spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TAtq_2irdgfnM0_y5TZuNf6Vvd6vQNFsM8bCJJymWA8/edit#gid=0
The main tasks to complete are 1) shortening the data-oriented checks, and
2) filling in the X's.

Corinna's spreadsheet of D1, EDI, RDA, fairsfair comparison alignment:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EYszb1gRS39wN7rJuGg-ork_Ov47QHxR3eyqfUt8dWo/edit#gid=0

Hope to see some of you tomorrow -
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien