[Esip-usability] Information Quality Cluster Featuring Presentation on How Usability Impacts Data Quality

Sophie Hou hou at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 7 16:41:29 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Next Tuesday (July 11th), Mark Reese from Element 84 will be giving a talk
on how the usability of information presentation could affect the way in
which users perceive the quality of the information.

Please see the following for the meeting/presentation information.

Thank you,

Sophie

All,

Here is a reminder for the July 2017 telecon.

The telecon will on Tuesday July 11, 2017, starting at 8 AM Pacific
Daylight Time (11 AM Eastern). As usual we will be using  the Google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4wEmY48qpP7cDrbqV7tppkZ3q0GG
kJNz_glvu4C2RI/edit for recording attendance, agenda and notes. A draft
agenda has been posted there. If you have any other topics for the agenda,
please let me know.

Mark Reese (from Element 84), cc’d here, will be the invited speaker. The
title of his talk will be “Usability Considerations in Conveying Data
Quality Information”.

We will continue with an interesting set of invited presentations
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJ-YLQEKJP28tI53dxc7EkmqrLe8y2z8WG8TBDwfWRY/edit#gid=0>
during
the upcoming months.  We certainly welcome suggestions from all the IQC
members for future speakers.

Also, please note that we have made updates to the IQC wiki page
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality>, and the
presentation slides or links thereto are available at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/IQ_Presentations. Suggestions for
improvement are always welcome.

Thanks.

Rama.

(on behalf of co-chairs of IQC – Self, Ge Peng and David Moroni)

PS – details about joining the meeting are given below (as well as in the
Google doc referenced above):

GoToMeeting/Telecon Instructions:

·        To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone,
click:

o   https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/240974205

·        You can also dial in using your phone.

o   United States: +1 (312) 757-3121 <(312)%20757-3121>

o   Access Code: 240-974-205

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

*Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to
obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or
payment.*