[Esip-visioneers] Telecon on Monday, 10/19, 3pm ET

Dan Keyes dankeyes at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 19 10:03:30 EDT 2015

Hi All,
Many or you have lately been experiencing difficulties signing in to
WebEx meetings, and as a result we have contacted WebEx Support. They
have acknowledged the problem and provided the workarounds listed below
while they research the problem.
It is only a problem if you are running OSX 10.10.x on a MAC, and you
are using the latest version of Google Chrome. If this is you and you
cannot get WebEx Meeting Center to start, then follow the solutions
below, or just use Firefox or Safari which both seem to work fine.
Thanks,
Dan Keyes

Cisco WebEx Support reports:
"There is an Ongoing Service Outage for this Issue that MAC 10.10.x
users on the new Chrome 45 browser hangs on Connecting when joining
meeting.
The Engineering Team has suggested a few workarounds mentioned below for
your reference.
Solution #1: 1. Uninstall the WebEx application by deleted the folder
"user>library>application support>webex folder"
Solution #2: 1. Open the chrome extensions (Chrome->Windows->
extensions) 2. Remove Cisco WebEx Extension 1.0.1 3. Then try start the
meeting again. "

Erin Robinson via Esip-visioneers wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> WebEx info for Monday's call (Note: Chrome is not working great) is
> below.
>
> Annie Keyes will be on this call and can talk about meeting venues for
> summer and swag ideas.
> Summer Meeting comparison:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DCkW-LzPPFv0PaorecLPUAdMKLOM6ReBvpvR7VDvq4U/edit?ts=561fe5cb#gid=0
> Have a good weekend -
> Erin

> To join the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting
> Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
> Attendee access code: 231 383 79
>
> * Call-in toll number (US/Canada) should only be used if the primary
> number does not work.

> To start or join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
> Go to
> https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/j.php?MTID=mfb83cc4895b542493deb5fd30caa5114
>

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Denise Hills via Esip-visioneers
> <esip-visioneers at lists.esipfed.org
> <mailto:esip-visioneers at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all -
>
>     There has been some lively discussion, both on the ExCom telecon
>     and ExCom listserv, about the meeting theme. I think things are
>     starting to settle down a bit and focusing in, but I think with
>     the theme still a bit nebulous, plus some of the other topics we
>     didn’t cover completely on the last call, we should hold a call
>     this Monday, October 19, 2015, 3pm ET/2pm CT/1pm MT/ Noon PT.
>
>     Topics I’d like to see covered include:
>
>       * Any finalization necessary on meeting theme
>       * Summer meeting venues
>       * Swag for winter meeting, other meetings
>       * Sponsorships (anything else we can help with on that?)
>       * Organization of sessions (anything we can do to help the office?)
>
>     I feel like there was something else we touched on at the last
>     call that I’m missing. Erin can add to this as needed. She will
>     also send out the Webex information.
>
>     Thanks, all, for your active input!

Dan Keyes
Operations & Special Projects