[Esip_dmtraining] USGS CDI Statement of Interest proposal and re-try for regular monthly meeting time

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Tue Nov 3 13:22:59 EST 2015

Hello, everyone:

Since last we "spoke" on this list, a small working group of people have
successfully submitted an on-time(!) a Statement of Interest (SOI) in
response to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Community for Data Integration
(CDI) Request for Proposal sent to us by our USGS colleague, Madison
Langseth.  The Statement of Interest describes our interest in creating the
online clearinghouse for data management training resources that we
discussed in our last call.   The SOI was due on October 9th, and will be
going through a review and voting process of the CDI community to determine
whether the SOI warrants a Full Proposal.  If our SOI is chosen (which we
should hear about by November 20th), we will be asked to submit a Full
Proposal that will be due by January 22, 2016.  If the project is funded, we
should hear by March 9, 2016 with work needing to be completed by September
30, 2016.  So, much progress has been made in envisioning a collaborative
Data Management Clearinghouse - one of the key ideas we've had about
continuing the Data Management training work.  Thanks very much to Tamar
Norkin, JC Nelson, Shelly Knuth and John Faundeen from USGS, Bob Downs from
CIESIN, Amber Budden from DataONE, Erin Robinson and Sophie Hou from ESIP
Federation, and Matt Mayernik from NCAR for their invaluable and timely
assistance in crafting the SOI.  (Apologies if I've forgotten someone!!).  I
am attaching both the RFP from USGS and our SOI for your review.  Keep your
fingers crossed!

In addition, because we couldn't get enough agreement about possible meeting
times / dates, and because some hours / days have opened up for people in
the last month or so, I am re-opening the doodle poll.  Please add comments
if you have suggestions for other times of day, particularly on Tuesdays and
Wednesdays.  Also, please ignore the fact that there is a Thanksgiving
holiday during one week in November, and just look at the days / times as
the 4th week of the month.  Here is the link to the doodle poll:
http://doodle.com/poll/c4q2qqspub3gbt76 .

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.  Also, please forward
this information on to anyone else you think might be interested in our
work.  They can self-subscribe to the esip_dmtraining listserv at:
with you again soon!

Kind regards,

Nancy Hoebelheinrch

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB