[Esip_dmtraining] USGS CDI Statement of Interest proposal and re-try for regular monthly meeting time

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Tue Nov 3 13:41:26 EST 2015

Hi Nancy,
  Am I correct in assuming that November 9th = 1st week of the month,
November 16=2nd week, etc. per the request to consider Thanksgiving as the
fourth week of the month?  Or, does that just hold for Thanksgiving week?

  Alternatively stated, does November 9th really mean November 9th?

  Thanks,
  Justin

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Nancy Hoebelheinrich via Esip_dmtraining <
esip_dmtraining at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hello, everyone:
>
> Since last we “spoke” on this list, a small working group of people have
> successfully submitted an on-time(!) a Statement of Interest (SOI) in
> response to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Community for Data
> Integration (CDI) Request for Proposal sent to us by our USGS colleague,
> Madison Langseth.  The Statement of Interest describes our interest in
> creating the online clearinghouse for data management training resources
> that we discussed in our last call.   The SOI was due on October 9th, and
> will be going through a review and voting process of the CDI community to
> determine whether the SOI warrants a Full Proposal.  If our SOI is chosen
> (which we should hear about by November 20th), we will be asked to submit
> a Full Proposal that will be due by January 22, 2016.  If the project is
> funded, we should hear by March 9, 2016 with work needing to be completed
> by September 30, 2016.  So, much progress has been made in envisioning a
> collaborative Data Management Clearinghouse – one of the key ideas we’ve
> had about continuing the Data Management training work.  Thanks very much
> to Tamar Norkin, JC Nelson, Shelly Knuth and John Faundeen from USGS, Bob
> Downs from CIESIN, Amber Budden from DataONE, Erin Robinson and Sophie Hou
> from ESIP Federation, and Matt Mayernik from NCAR for their invaluable and
> timely assistance in crafting the SOI.  (Apologies if I’ve forgotten
> someone!!).  I am attaching both the RFP from USGS and our SOI for your
> review.  Keep your fingers crossed!
>

> In addition, because we couldn’t get enough agreement about possible
> meeting times / dates, and because some hours / days have opened up for
> people in the last month or so, I am re-opening the doodle poll.  Please
> add comments if you have suggestions for other times of day, particularly
> on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  Also, please ignore the fact that there is a
> Thanksgiving holiday during one week in November, and just look at the days
> / times as the 4th week of the month.  Here is the link to the doodle
> poll:  http://doodle.com/poll/c4q2qqspub3gbt76 .
>

> Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.  Also, please forward
> this information on to anyone else you think might be interested in our
> work.  They can self-subscribe to the esip_dmtraining listserv at:
> with you again soon!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Nancy Hoebelheinrch
>

> [image: _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB] <https://kmotifs.com/>
>

> Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich
>
> Information Analyst/Principal
>
> nhoebel at kmotifs.com
>
> San Mateo, CA  94401
>
> (v) 650-302-4493
>
> (f) 650-745-3333

Justin Goldstein, Ph.D.
Advance Science Climate Data and Observing Systems Coordinator
US Global Change Research Program

1800 G Street NW, Suite 9100,  (*Note New Address)*
Washington, D.C. 20006, U.S.A.
phone: (202) 419-3496
e-mail: jgoldstein AT usgcrp Dot gov

http://www.globalchange.gov